Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No Foolin' - She Kicked the Habit




No more thumb sucking for Malia - and she did it all on her own. Actually, she has been only a bedtime thumbsucker for about the last year or two. When I do my bedtime check of the kids before I hit the sack, I would usually pull her thumb out of her mouth. However, for the last 3 months, no thumbsucking. I finally asked her the other day if she still did at bedtime. She said "Nope, ever since daddy said that it might make my teeth start sticking out - I quit."

Along with her thumbsucking habit, she has always seemed to need to do something with the other hand at the same time - rub her bellybutton. She told me later "Well, I do still rub my bellybutton because it is soft."


4 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

Way to go Malia! Keep talking to your cousin!!

grammaneir said...

Good job Malia! We love you sweetie!

Jarrod Flaming said...

Well, you can tell her that it really is true her teeth would stick out. Just ask our almost-7-year-old Caleb, who still does it. Even with his teeth already sticking out. :( Way to go Malia!

Marilee We Roll Along said...

Malia, I am very proud of you! When I was little, I sucked my thumb for a long, long time. It was a hard habit to break.