Well, this weekend was more of the same crazy busy schedule. Since digging up 4 of our front bushes last week, and taking down part of our landscape wall, our yard has been a bit of a mess. Quite a few of the bricks were just strewn about the yard and I'm sure the neighbors wondered how long we were going to leave it that way. So, Saturday started off with Phil hauling in 2 pickup loads of dirt (to help fill in one of those annoying dips in the yard), then it was time to mow short & bag. It would have been nice to be able to keep working, but the girls had a b-day party to attend & Owen had a soccer game & separate b-day party to attend. So between all the running around, passing off kids here & there, we didn't get much else done.
Thank goodness for a day of rest on Sunday! We were even napping & didn't see the Chiefs actually win a game.
Today, Phil took a day of vacation. (ha!) and put the rock wall back together. Next we rented a verticutter to get our lawn ready to overseed. I was raking up all the grass as he was running the machine. He offered to switch me and said it wasn't too hard to operate. I declined and kept raking until my hands and back were getting sore then told him I'd try it. Well, it wasn't too hard in the front yard but once I got to the back it was a little more interesting. Since we have a bit of a hill in the backyard, the machine was a beast trying to push it up hill, but when I was going down I had to hang on for dear life as it wanted to take me for a ride! But, I finished the job! Meanwhile, all the girls were being angels and taking naps but now it was time to clean up and get Owen from school & Phil was off to a soccer game. By 6:00, Phil was home again and we were back at raking the yard. We finally had to concede that we would have to leave a little bit of it to do another day since it was getting dark, but Phil put the grass seed down on most of the lawn. We sat down and ate supper at 8:00 - Whew!! The weatherman is calling for rain tomorrow and I hope he is right!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WELL YOU DEFINITELY ARE GETTING THE RAIN YOU HOPED FOR! :)
Post a Comment